Friday, March 30, 2012

house update 2.0

We heard back from our Realtor today--Fannie Mae countered our offer. This was good for 2 reasons:
1. They got back to us much quicker than we expected! We're hoping it's a good sign that they want to be rid of this house.
2. It shows they're willing to negotiate, which again demonstrates they want to be rid of the house.

This was bad for 1 reason:
1. They only lowered the list price by $100. Also, instead of agreeing to 3% of the sales price towards our closing costs, they said they'd do $1500.

We went into this with what we felt was our absolute best offer. We're discussing increasing our offer by a teeny tiny bit to show we are serious about the property and willing to compromise at least a little, but with the work that needs to be done we feel like our first offer was a very fair (if not a little generous) price. We're still firm that if this is good for us God will open the doors and they'll agree to what would be our 'best and final offer' and if it's not meant to be they'll reject it and we'll have to walk away. If we do have to walk away, it doesn't mean that's going to suck any less...

We're waiting to put in our response until Monday morning. Our Realtor is out of town through Sunday and we need some time to think about and discuss it. My hope is that if this isn't meant to be, someone will come along in the next 2-3 days and put in an offer that blows ours out of the water and we won't have to play the numbers game and be tempted to push ourselves beyond what is financially reasonable for us. Keep the prayers and good vibes coming our way, please!

No comments:

Post a Comment